The Latin phrase - Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi - means how we pray reflects what we believe and determines how we will live.
Paul’s prayer, in this chapter, reflects his understanding of God’s purpose.
God’s eternal purpose is to have one body - the Church - on earth (verse 6) and for that body to be filled with all the fullness of God (verse 19)
Through the Church, God also desires to display His wisdom to all the unseen rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. (verse 10)
This understanding fuels Paul’s prayer:
- We should be strengthened with might in the inner man
- We should be rooted and grounded in the love of God
- We should experience the love of God
Time to Ponder!
- What is my understanding of God’s purpose?
- How does it affect my outlook in life?
- How does it affect my prayer life?
- What does a fellow strengthened with might in the inner being look like?
- Am I such a person?
- What are the evidences/traits of strength in the inner being?
- What does it look like to be rooted and grounded in the love of God?
- Where is the devil in all these?
Monday, January 11th, 2016 @ 19:10 by Pastor Wale Adefuye